Thursday, December 20, 2012

Top Baby Picks: 3-6 months

Most of my picks from birth to three month are still in use! These months are all about keeping baby entertained and our life a little easier :)

1. The Baby Einstein Jumper: I'll admit I didn't register for one of these but you need one. Brynn loves to jump around and it entertains for a long period of time. We occasionally switch out the toys to keep her engaged.

2. Chewbeads. These little necklaces are meant for babies to chew on and I decided I had to have one when Brynn was about 4.5 months old and putting everything in her mouth...and dropping everything on the floor. We'd be out to eat and she'd go through all the toys we'd brought by dropping them on the floor. With this necklace it stays clean because it's around my neck. I always get compliments on it and some people don't even know it's meant for babies!

3. Woolino sleep sack. This thing is pricey but worth it. It grows with baby saving you from buying multiple sizes and it made of merino wool so it's safe. Fleece gets far to warm at night and overheating is a SIDS risk so wool is a good choice. We've used it since 3 months. The downside is that you have to wash is separately and line dry or on low but it doesn't have to be washed frequently

4. BOB jogging stroller. Even though we haven't actually jogged with this stroller (you should wait until 8 months before running with a baby) it works really well on our city sidewalks. It also is necessary for going for walks with the snow (even though right now only the Ergo works for getting over the snowbanks!). I look forward to using it in the spring to actually go for a run!

5. Green Toys Twist Teether. We got this toy from Stork Stack which is a monthly subscription service that delivers a surprise box of baby things to your door monthly. I subscribed during my maternity leave mostly because it was fun to get mail! The company makes the toys from recycled milk jugs and have a whole line sold at Creative Kidstuff in the Twin Cities.

6. Medela Breastmilk labeling lids. I'm not shy to announce that nursing is the best decision I've made and not just because I lost the baby weight while eating everything in sight :) These little lids are super helpful when I come home from work and can't remember what time I pumped each bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment