Friday, February 8, 2013

The working mama: 4 month update

Today it's been 4 months since I returned to work, meaning I've been working now as long as my maternity leave. There is no question my life as a working mama has gone by much faster than my life on leave but we've all adjusted well. I soak Brynn up on the weekend and leave work as soon as I can to spend my time with her in the evenings. I go into work at 7 most days and leave by 330 with the occasionally later day. I dread having to stay at work until 5 as it feels like all I get to do with Brynn is feed her and then put her to bed. I also work at once home every other week just so I can get an extra nursing session in as I know before I know it our nursing relationship will come to a close.
When I first went back to work I rushed home (mostly because she was fighting the bottle) but now I'll stop at Target or run another errand because the last thing I want to to when I get home is pack her up and drive somewhere.
Our nanny has been so wonderful to us. Brynn really enjoys her and it's been so nice that she has yet to get sick. The days I've worked at home have been a nice way to overhear how she interacts with Brynn and she is really great. She is also the best at getting her to take long naps!!
Grandma and Grandpa Vold love on baby every Tuesday and daddy still covers "Brynn's favorite day"/Fridays (according to daddy). And the few times we've been without care have been covered by Grandpa and Grandma Palmer. I've actually only had to take one day off to watch her since returning to work! But I do have 6 1/2 weeks of vaca this year so I plan on taking off lots of Friday's this summer to hang with my fam.
The picture below is a text I sent to Kyle after Brynn and I had woken up from a long nap on a Saturday afternoon. It's amazing how full of love you feel when you have a happy healthy baby and a loving partner to raise them with. This is the life.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous angel baby! So sweet! ~ Ericka, mom to Jack, 9 and very busy working mama. :)

    ReplyDelete