Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pregnancy Memory: the name game


For starters naming a baby is not all fun and games.. it's hard work! There is so much to think about! Is this name too popular? Is the name good for a grown up AND a child? Can other kids make fun of her name?! A few weeks into my pregnancy we started to brainstorm names. This was the running list I kept on my computer in no particular order (probably more my choices than Kyles!). Our list of boy names was actually about twice as long as we found boy names much easier to agree upon.
Reese
Elle
Norah (I think this one was just a name I liked...)
Brynn
Cora

As you can see Brynn was on this list! We both liked it (which is key!) and it went well with our last name so it was the winner. We probably officially decided on Brynn a few weeks after learning we were having a girl. The middle name was actually a little trickier! My middle name is Lynn and before finding out the gender we both thought we would just use our own middle names depending on gender. Well Brynn Lynn may rhyme but rhyming is not usually not the best when it comes to your name :). After throwing around a number of family names we were stuck. Then one night while playing with a list of our family names we came up with the combination of Lynn (Grandma Vold's and my middle name) and Mae (Grandma Palmer's middle name and the late Great-Grandma Nelson's name) and Lynae was born :) As it turns out Lynae means ..... A flower found in Scandinavia so it was a perfect fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment