Monday, October 1, 2012

Day in the life....


Just a snap-shot of Brynn's day at 14 weeks and 5 days (last Wednesday). For a moment I regretted not doing one of these posts sooner but when all is said done the truth is not much has changed! She naps less and I'm more apt to head out to run errands compared to when she was younger. Our routine will significantly change next week when I am back at work!


3:30 AM: first nursing session and diaper change. She fell asleep about 11PM the night before and it's typical for her to wake up every 4-5 hours at night...sometimes she sleeps for 6 hours straight.
6:45 AM: Second nursing session, dad is up for work for an early meeting.
7:50 AM: Brynn wakes up and is her smiley self. Morning are definitely her best time of the day and I'm going to miss her morning time when I head back to work. She has a quick snack,  and then snuggles with mom in bed.


9:00 AM: Mom hops in the shower while Brynn sleeps (this does not always happen!). She wakes up and eats again.

9:30 AM: Since dad left early, Brynn and mom are on dog duty. We take Magnus for his morning walk and stop at the coffee shot for a decaf coffee for mom.


10:00 AM: After the walk we have some playtime!


11:00 AM: Brynn nurses to sleep and naps for 30 minutes.

11:30 AM: We're off to Home Depot and Cub Foods. We buy pumpkins at Cub Foods and Brynn happily plays in her car seat. Note: Car seats are not meant to be placed on top of carts (where the child seat is). Even though you'll see people do it frequently it actually very dangerous ::see this link::. So even if though you have a lot less room in your carts it just not worth the risk.



We cut the trip short as Brynn starts to get fussy and I don't want to risk waiting for the employees to mix paint if she's cranky

1:00 PM Brynn nurses again and dozes off to sleep, I try to put her down for a nap but she wakes up. We play in her room and in the living room on her blanket for some tummy time.

2:30 PM: Brynn starts to fuss so we head out for a walk. She's asleep within one block. I get home and bring her up to her room and put her to sleep in her bouncer. She takes one of her epic naps lasting 3 hours!! I keep an eye on her using our Drop Cam. I have an app on my phone or I can watch her on the  computer. Even though I can hear her cry before it comes through on video (thanks to our small house and a 2 second delay, it's handy to just peek at her).


 I get three loads of laundry done, wash the dishes (which had been sitting there for two days! :) whoops), and get to relax. She naps like this once or twice a week so I thoroughly enjoy it.

5:30 PM: Brynn is awake and hungry just in time for Magnus' walk. Once it hits 5:30 he is scratching at the door.

7:30 PM: Dinner time. We head out to Keegan's Irish Pub. This is one of our favorite places to go. We use to go at least every 2 weeks when we lived downtown. I get a free meal because it's my birthday week :)
 Mom and Brynn with drinks of choice

9:00 PM: We're home and Brynn is ready to go to bed. We change her into her PJs and play some more on the jungle gym. She starts to fuss to it's time to head to bed to nurse. Usually I can lay her down and Kyle and I spend some time in the living room until we go to bed. Other nights I stay in bed and nurse her to sleep.

10:00 PM: She's asleep! She likes to lay with both hands above her head :)



1 comment:

  1. very nice- brings me closer to my great grand daughter eventhough I am miles away.
    Great Grandpa Ray

    ReplyDelete