Monday, April 29, 2013

we like spring


We walked around the block this evening per Magnus' request even though I knew he had only been walked an hour earlier by our nanny. Five houses up the street our neighbor has an in-home daycare where our little neighbors, twin four year old boys, go to daycare. We walked by and they rode their bikes up to the fence to greet Magnus and Brynn. I asked them if they were having fun and the one little dude responded "we like spring". I laughed and thought how perfectly he summarized how every Minnesotan was feeling today. I sat in my office today just itching to go outside... it was terribly unproductive. There is a really nice trail system connected to our campus so I took a quick 30 minute walk and felt much better to finish the afternoon. When I got home I learned Brynn and Allie had walked to the park on the lake where she met a little girl on the swings. Of course all I could think about was how I wanted to bring her to the park instead of sitting in that silly office. Apparently being a working mother is harder in the summertime :( so please send me all the school nurse jobs you can find! We finished our walk and did a few yard chores. I have a few tulips coming through and even though our grass was really brown during last summer's drought it's coming up  nice and green albeit a little patchy. The city planted a new tree in our front yard  and even though I tried my best to water it (I did have a newborn after all!)  There are very few buds on it but I'll keep watching it.

This past weekend we spent up north with at our friends at their cabin. Brynn hung out with her bud Crosby. It's hard to believe that only 6 months ago Brynn was Crosby's age! Brynn enjoyed some quality outdoors time, probably ate dirt for the first time, and stayed up late (see the picture of her standing on my pillow after crawling away from a diaper change!)

No comments:

Post a Comment