Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cloth Dipes: the update

If you remember I promised to update you after we started solids. Here's the deal with cloth, when you start solids you have to rinse the ::ahem:: poop off the diaper. BUT did you know you're suppose to empty disposable diapers in the toilet too?? Yep you're not even suppose to throw away poopy diapers..you can find these instructions in small print on your diaper box.
As it turns out it's not a big deal!!! We sill use disposable diapers at night (and really like the Honest brand...and PS they deliver!) and baby girls *usually* goes in the morning (haha won't she be pleased to know I posted this on the internet!) we don't even have to deal with rinsing off the cloth diapers. But when we do it's STILL not a big deal. Maybe it's the nurse in me...or my desire to save the trees...but it's just not as bad as I thought it could be.
Aren't cloth diaper butts the cutest? Even white ones are cute!

On another note a few weekends ago a friend and I took our babies to the "Great Cloth Diaper Change" where they tried to break the world record of the most cloth diapers being changed at one time  ( I think they broke it!). We got a free cloth diaper out of the
deal and it was a fun event. We'll be sure to go next year..and then hopefully after that we'll be talking potty training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment